14 May, 2009

the days of work

hey there everyone....

I really dont feel myself today....feeling very flat, unappreciated and depressed. ...this is primarily because of work... I mean, work is such an important part of one's life, we spend the majority of of waking hours slaving away for the man, all for the pleasure of completing a meaningful task and getting paid. I really thought that work would fufil me, I wanted to make a change...I wanted to be challenged everyday, and when I got home...to be tired, and perhaps complain about work, but still feel as if I was working towards a goal where I would get recognition, and I little importance...

This is not what has happended.....

my work is tedious, boring, I got giving the tasks of someone else because they left...and there was no one else to do them, I work my ass of doing the most boring data work... all with a title... but I get no recognition, and the woman who is my boss gets lauded for everything...including my work results....all under the guise that she is managing me... meanwhile I have worked here as long as she has, have the same qualifications, and have run the workplace without fault for months while she holidayed in mauritious for 2 months.... I feel like it is totally unfair.... to top it all, we are friends, and she moans constantly how she is unappreciated, and undervalued....

and when she gets 'iffy' she moans to the head of our workplace (who is always wanting to please her) and we all get shifted down in importance to satisfy her need to feel important....

I have not been idle about this either.... I have gone for interviews, and I am waiting to hear...I have even tried moving within the orgainisation.... but the block me from moving because apparently i am too "valuable"... I dont feel it.... and why should they block me, it should be my choice....

it is really frustrating me... plus, I pissed off someone last night by beng silly, and making statements that were harsh, and thoughtless....

dammit....

No comments:

Post a Comment