26 May, 2009

its been a while...

well, well you lot... it has been a while hasn't it... this is primarily because my little, incoherent creative brain has been other wise engaged.... leaving me at a complete blank with regards to what I should be writing on this blog.... I did have something I wanted to write, but got caught up doing some mindless work task that left me clutching for a knife so that I could hack my eyes out rather than bare another minute of stupid quality control.... grrrr.... needless to say, I forgot what I was going to write...

so, I have been really busy actually, with my garden that is, gardening rejuvinates my soul... it make me remember that life can be totally awesome, and that there are tasks out there that are so worth every minute you spend doing them... I had a major cleaning job to do, the aptly named ''lavender garden'' had become less lavender and more weed/conifer garden... it was a sad task whereby I had to rip out dead lavender plants, and hack back conifers ... leaving the garden a little sad to be honest... there were so many weeds that I did not even finish doing everything, and so the task will continue with zest this weekend ( Bring it on baby)...

I have also decided that the ''lavender garden'' will be needing a little remodelling ... gone are they days of my novice gardening plans, where the very fibre of my being was resolutely against the trimming of anything...under the guise of leaving things cottage style, I neglected to cut anything :) I loved it at that stage....I am now moving towards formal gardens, straight lines, clipped hedges, ponds, fountains.... that for me is now, the ways to go... I also like the idea of formal 'informal', where the the garden is kept "informal" in feel, but has elements of formality ... like clipped topairies, defined paths, general neatness.... This is what I am planning to explore with my lavender/formal/work in progress garden... so you'll have to wait a see what happens... I am really excitied. :)

other than that, life is pretty good, loving weekends....so I am ending this with a big smile :)

chat soon

No comments:

Post a Comment